Beer Die is a 2 vs. 2 table-based drinking game that rewards quick reactions, teamwork and accuracy.
Beer Die (aka beer dye) is a defensive beer sport designed for athletes. The object of the game is to sink your opponents' cups while defending your half of the table.
- To begin a match, one player from each team rolls a die. The highest roller's team is awarded the first toss and the opposing team chooses their end to defend.
- Standard Matches are played to 11 while Quick Matches are played to 7.
- Beer Die is typically played on grass, sand, or surfaces that permit diving.
- Every game begins with (4) full pints of beer placed a finger's length from each corner.
- All tosses are thrown underhand and the die must achieve a minimum height of 10 feet.
- One toss at a time, and prior to every toss, the tosser must alert the other team by shouting, "Die Up!"
- If the defensive team is scored on, both players must take a drink from their cup but only after both of the offensive players have tossed.
- The beer inside the defensive team's cups must be consumed and refilled after (7) Buzz points have been scored.
- You and your partner always drink in pairs (and as House Rules permit).
- Penalties for breaking rules are determined by the table's architect.
- If the opposing team doesn't believe the die achieved 10 feet of air, a defensive player can shout, "low" but he/she must state their opinion before the die comes in contact with a surface.
- If the die is low, the toss does not count and the offensive player loses their turn.
☞ ⑤ must be referred to as Bizz
☞ ⑦ must be referred to as Buzz
ONE POINT: commonly referred to as a "TINK" is awarded when a player tosses the die (at least 10ft) into the the air, first landing on the opposing teams side of the table, and ultimately falling to the ground.
TWO POINTS: commonly referred to as a "DINK" are awarded when the die first lands on your opponents side of the table and later hits 1 of the 2 cups before falling to the ground. If the die hits a cup and nothing else before falling to the ground, two points are also awarded.
THREE POINTS: commonly referred to as a "SINK" are awarded when a die lands inside of your opponents cup. The teammates that have been sunk must finish their beers. Upon finishing, the teammate that was sunk rolls his/her die onto the table. If he/she rolls "Bizz" that player must abide by House Rules.
- To prevent points a defender can attempt to catch the die with one hand. You cannot come in contact with the dice until it has "touched down" meaning hit the table or a cup and left the vertical field of play.
- If the die lands in your opponent's half but then spins backwards, the die is live and obstructing your opponents ability to catch the dice will result in a re-toss.
- If a defender drops the dice, traps it against their body, or uses two hands to make a catch, points are awarded.
- If the dice rolls down your chest and is cupped with your hand touching your body this is considered an "illegal waterfall" and points are awarded.
- You can use any part of your body to "keep the die alive" including your chest, knees, and feet.
- If an offensive player misses the table completely, the die can be kicked into the air by a defensive player.
- If the die that was kicked is successfully caught by the defensive player's partner, the air-tosser must sit out for one defensive rotation.
- You cannot FIFA the same player more than once per match and we do not condone the use of knees.
- If the die touches down in the defensive team's half and it is touched by an opposing team member before "dying" on the table, points are awarded.
- If a dispute ensues, you may seek guidance from the Officiating Bystander ("OB"). The OB decides whether the die was low, fair, or too-close-to-call, and an official re-toss will be awarded.
- If an offensive player tosses his/her dice and the die comes in contact with both beer bells before falling to the ground (2) points are awarded.
Attention Tossers: please do not drink from a cup that has dice inside of it. We suggest getting your fingers wet to safely remove your cubes!
"The King of the Ring"
- Buzz Bizzman
Beer Die Sets 21% OFF
+ FREE 3-Day Shipping
Enter: "FORGET2020" at Checkout!