Beer Die is a 2 vs. 2 table-based drinking game that rewards quick reactions, teamwork and accuracy.
Beer Die (aka beer dye) is a defensive beer sport designed for athletes. The object of the game is to sink your opponents' cups while defending your half of the table.
- Standard Matches are played to 11 points while Quick Matches are played to Buzz (7) points, win by 2.
- All tosses are thrown underhand and the die must achieve a minimum height of 10 feet.
- Beer Die is typically played on grass, sand, or surfaces that permit diving.
- Every game begins with (4) full pints of beer placed a finger's length from each corner of the table.
- One toss at a time, and prior to every toss, the tosser must alert the other team by shouting, "DYE UP!"
- If the defensive team is scored on, those players must take a generous gulp of beer for every point scored.
- The beer inside of the defensive team's cups must be consumed and refilled after Buzz (7) points.
- You and your Partner always drink in pairs (and as House Rules permit).
- If the opposing team doesn't believe the die achieved 10 feet of air, a defensive player can shout, "low" but they must state their opinion before the die comes in contact with a surface.
- If the die is low, the toss does not count and the offensive player loses their turn.
☞ ⑤ must be referred to as Bizz
☞ ⑦ must be referred to as Buzz
ONE POINT: commonly referred to as a "TINK" is awarded when a player tosses their dice and its first point of contact is on the opposing team's side of the table, before falling to the ground.
TWO POINTS: commonly referred to as a "DINK" are awarded when the die comes in contact with at least one cup before falling to the ground.
THREE POINTS: commonly referred to as a "SINK" are awarded when a die lands inside of your opponent's cup. The team that was sunk kills their beers, refills their cups, and rolls their dice. If they roll a Bizz, House Rules are applied.
- To prevent points from being awarded, the defensive team must catch the opposing team's dice with one hand.
- If a defender drops the dice, traps it against their body, or uses two hands to make a catch, points are awarded.
- The defensive team is not allowed to come in contact with the dice until it strikes the table or a cup.
- If the dice rolls down your midsection, your hand cannot touch your chest or your stomach. This is considered an illegal waterfall.
- You can use any part of your body to "keep the die alive" including your chest, knees, and feet.
- If an offensive player misses the table completely, the die can be kicked into the air by a defensive player.
- If the die that was kicked is successfully caught by the defensive player's Partner, the air-tosser must sit out for one defensive rotation.
- You cannot FIFA the same player more than once per match and we do not condone the use of knees.
- Penalties for breaking a rule are determined by the table's architect.
- If the die touches down in the defensive half and it is touched by a defensive player prior to "dying" on the table, points are awarded.
- If a dispute ensues, you may seek guidance from the Officiating Bystander ("OB"). The OB decides whether the die was low, fair, or too-close-to-call, and an official re-toss will be awarded.
Attention Tossers: please do not drink from a cup that has dice inside of it. We suggest getting your fingers wet (for once) to safely remove your cubes!
"The King of the Ring"
- Buzz Bizzman
TUMBLERS MADE FOR TOSSING!
+ FREE 3-Day Shipping
Enter Promo Code: "FAST3" at Checkout!