Beer Die is a 2 vs. 2 table-based drinking game that rewards quick reactions and accuracy.
- Beer Die (aka beer dye) is a defensive beer sport designed for athletes. The object of the game is to sink your opponents' cups while defending your half of the table.
- To begin a match, one player from each team rolls a die. The highest roller's team is awarded the first toss and the opposing team chooses their end to defend.
- Standard Matches are played to 11 while Quick Matches are played to 7.
- Beer Die is typically played on grass, sand, or surfaces that permit diving.
- Every game begins with (4) full pint-glasses placed a finger's length from each corner.
- All tosses are thrown underhand and must achieve a minimum height of 10 feet.
- One toss at a time, and prior to every toss, the tosser must alert the other team by shouting, "Die Up!"
- The team that was scored on takes a drink from their cup but only after both of the opposing players have tossed.
- The contents within you and your partner's cups must be consumed and refilled after Buzz (7) points have been scored on your team.
- You and your partner always drink in pairs (and as House Rules permit).
- If the opposing team doesn't believe the die achieved 10 feet of air, a defensive player can shout, "low" but he/she must state their opinion before the die comes in contact with a surface.
- If the die is low, the toss does not count and the offensive player loses their turn.
☞ ⑤ must be referred to as Bizz
☞ ⑦ must be referred to as Buzz
ONE POINT: commonly referred to as a "TINK" is awarded when a player tosses the die (at least 10ft) into the the air, first landing on the opposing teams side of the table, and ultimately falling to the ground.
TWO POINTS: commonly referred to as a "DINK" are awarded when the die first lands on your opponents side of the table and later hits 1 of the 2 cups before falling to the ground. If the die hits a cup and nothing else before falling to the ground, two points are also awarded.
THREE POINTS: commonly referred to as a "SINK" are awarded when a die lands inside of your opponents cup. The teammates that have been sunk must finish their beers. Upon finishing, the teammate that was sunk rolls his/her die onto the table. If he/she rolls "Bizz" that player must abide by House Rules.
- To prevent points, either of the two defenders can attempt to catch the die with one hand. You cannot come in contact with the dice until it has "touched down" meaning hit the table or a cup, and left the vertical field of play.
- If the die lands in your opponent's half but then spins backwards, the die is live and obstructing your opponents ability to catch the dice will result in a re-toss.
- If a defender drops the dice, traps it against their body, or uses two hands to make a catch, points are awarded.
- You can use any part of your body to "keep the die alive" including your chest, knees, or even feet. These are "FIFA" inspired catches.
- Die Back is awarded when both players score consecutively.
- If a dispute ensues, you may seek guidance from the Officiating Bystander ("OB"). The OB decides whether the die was low, fair, or too-close-to-call, and an official re-toss will be awarded.
Please take the appropriate measures to ensure you DO NOT swallow the dice. Use your fingers, a straw, a spoon, or the nearest squirrel if you must.
Beer Die Sets 17% OFF
+ FREE 3-Day Shipping
Enter: "4MERICA" at Checkout!